Monday 4 June 2012

Interview questions: debtor reports

Dear Platinum:

While I am preparaing interview question, I have few questions wanna ask:

1. I saw an ads, the job responsibility states: "produce aged debtor report and debtor statements." Is this meaning Receiable ageing summary or Payable ageing summary, or both of them? what is debtor statements? That position is bookkeeper. 

2. I always see " matching, coding, batching invoice". I understand coding, but for matching, batching a little bit confused. does matching refer to check all the information on invoice is correct? or checking the system does not have this transaction before I data entry it ?
Batching means file invoices in batches in alphebatical order, or in different catogaries, so it is easier for accountant make payment, is that right?

3. could you please give me a little hint about the how to prove you are attention to detail. I really don't know what kind of example I can give to interviewer.

I secured a face to face interview as an assistant accountant. I will have this interview next monday. and it is 45mins group interview. Can you please give me some advices about group interview? also do you know anything about REST system? because on the job responsibility, it states: Data entry into REST for both creditors and receipts of rents."  last one, the job criteria states :" trust account payable/receivable." I never dealing with trust account before, could you please give some advices about trust account?

Thank you

Samantha

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam,

    Good to hear that you’ve been making progress on your job hunting process.

    The questions that you asked below can be split into technical and behavioural part. I can help you with the technical part. As for the behavioural part, I would strongly recommend you to take our interview coaching program as all those questions will be thoroughly covered with all the suggested answers.

    (Q1.) I saw an ads, the job responsibility states: "produce aged debtor report and debtor statements." Is this meaning Receiable ageing summary or Payable ageing summary, or both of them? what is debtor statements? That position is bookkeeper.
    (A1.)– Debtors are the suppliers of the company. Apart from AR ageing report, you can also run individual ageing report by debtor which is known as debtor statement.

    (Q2.) I always see " matching, coding, batching invoice". I understand coding, but for matching, batching a little bit confused. does matching refer to check all the information on invoice is correct? or checking the system does not have this transaction before I data entry it ?
    (A3.) The former answer is correct.

    (Q4.) Batching means file invoices in batches in alphebatical order, or in different catogaries, so it is easier for accountant make payment, is that right?
    (A4.)– Batching is the term that is usually used in those companies receiving high volume of invoices. They are usually alphabetised and batched in timely order.

    (Q5.)could you please give me a little hint about the how to prove you are attention to detail. I really don't know what kind of example I can give to interviewer.
    (A5.)This is one of the major focus in the interview coaching program. What I have in mind is only relevant to my personal experience.

    (Q6.) also do you know anything about REST system? because on the job responsibility, it states: Data entry into REST for both creditors and receipts of rents." last one, the job criteria states :" trust account payable/receivable." I never dealing with trust account before, could you please give some advices about trust account? –
    (A6.) Trust accounts are very common for accounting firms or law firms. Those accounts will have to be audited once a year. In terms of operation, there is not much difference from the normal accounts.


    Good luck with your interview. Bring back some good news.

    Regards,

    Florian

    ReplyDelete