Thursday, 15 March 2012

Mastering Tax

I started a career in accounting using MYOB , I have three years of audit experience overseas though. My question is how to master the tax stuff ?

Amr Esmadi

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amer,

    Thanks for your enquiry.

    To step into the taxation area, you need to work under an accountant who is practising as a tax agent and provide taxation services to public. If you have the CPA qualification, you only need to practice in a public accounting firm for a year in the taxation area before you can apply for the tax agent license. When you process company tax returns at the year end, you will need to utilise your MYOB skills to analyse clients’ financial info. When you perform an audit for clients, you will be able to utilise your audit knowledge. In general, audit knowledge is quite transferable. So if you would like to step into taxation area, you should divert your job hunting focus towards the public accounting sector.

    Florian Accounting